Bed bugs are small, wingless, oval insects that creep at night to feed on sleeping people. Because they are small, from just 1mm to 7mm, they can hide in any small hole in the house without being found.
There are several treatments available for these pests. If you are looking for bed bug treatment, you can have a peek at this website.
Image Source: Google
Confirm the Presence of Bed Bugs
The first step to figuring out if bug treatment is needed-
1. Bite marks on the body are the major sign of its presence. These are small reddish bite marks that a person finds after waking up.
2. Dark-colored spots around the bed are left by bed bugs as they travel.
3. Check the shell. This is what remains of the pest’s skin when they fall off. They are also found near the bed.
4. Find insects around the mattress.
Once their presence is confirmed, treatment is the next step
Treatment of Bed Bugs
1. Exposure to high temperature. Bed bugs are known to die when exposed to high temperatures of 120 degrees Fahrenheit or 49 degrees Celsius. They will freeze to death even at temperatures below 32 degrees Fahrenheit or 0 degrees Celsius.
2. Vacuuming all carpet, furniture and cracks is another treatment for bed bugs.
3. Wash all affected clothing thoroughly with warm water.
4. Wrap the infected mattress in a plastic cover. This cover catches these pests.
5. Treat the area with an anti-mite insecticide.
6. Contact a pest control agency that specializes in the treatment of mites.
When it comes to bed bug treatment, you shouldn't just focus on the area where the bed bugs are. It is best to treat the entire area to treat insects effectively.