Plastic crates are used for the storage, transportation, distribution, and handling of products. Previously, the Timber crates were used which are now substituted by HDPE and PP boxes. Timber crates are heavier and they are not easy to transport from one place to another. Thus, Therefore, people are preferring genuine plastic pallets crates for their business.
Image Source: Google
There are different types depending on how they are built:
- Fully closed – They are open but the cover completely closed on all sides
- Complete closed with a flat bottom- These boxes need bottom-many smooth sliding during transport, where the bottom is flat.
- Closed with handle – These are completely closed on all sides, but due to manual handling, there is a space for grappling hand.
- Jali Closed Down – All four sides have net while the bottom is closed and wavy.
- Jali punctured regularly– They have a net on all sides and on the bottom. These are generally used for products that need better ventilation.
- Before partly Opened- Some also have a front opening for easy removal of goods inside instead of overthrowing the box upside down. This saves time and unnecessary manual work.
Based on their size and method of production, the funds are generally classified into the following categories –
- Jumbo Crates – These are double-walls that are used to provide additional protection and withstand rigorous use. Made from food-grade HDPE, they are used for storage applications, hence the name!
- Giant Crates- They are easy to maintain and are used for the transport of fruit, flowers, vegetables, and clothes.
- Conductive Crates- They are specially made from Standing Joint first material that dissipates or prevents electrical charges. These are used in the electronics industry where there is a large scale handling of sensitive electronic materials.
- Roto-molded Crates- They are manufactured on demand and are used for heavy components, difficult. These are designed to withstand rough handling on the shop floors. These can be easily stacked too.
The above-listed cases are usually classified. Depending on the buyer’s needs, they can be customized too. For example, rigid bottles must be packed in boxes so that the bottles fit the length and width of all the boxes! Overall, generalizing plastic crates is very difficult because it can be customized according to the needs of the buyer because of the ease of molding.